Saturday, December 22, 2012

From the "vault"...

I found this post in one of those random un-published, un-finished, folders...  I think I was hoping to add photos or something. Most likely I was trying to organize thoughts about how awesome my Mom is and it turned into another step-by-step of my day.  Someday I'll figure out how to get my creative sentence structures back again...  one day, when I make cohesive thoughts a priority over cleaning up the kitchen....   Instead of trying to redo my original ideas, I'll just post what I found.  :)



"If I could turn back time...."  Cher.  There you go.  Song bombed.

We turned our clocks back this morning.  So, Zoey woke up at the same time, but then we had breakfast an hour early!  See how that works!?!

It's another November day.  A day to be thankful.  I am feeling thankful.  Thankful for my Mom.  She came to see us yesterday.  She came to town and we stimulated the economy.  She stimulated it much more than I did.  :)  But it was all for sweet Zoey.  We finally got Zoey a big girl bed.  Really big.  Not like REALLY big.  But bigger than I had originally intended.  After delivery tomorrow, Zoey will have a full size bed.  John and I talked about getting a bigger one because... well, he's so freaked that she'll fall out (he'd keep her locked up in her crib until she had to sleep in the fetal position, if he could).  But I finally caved when talking about me laying down with her.  Yep, when she's sick, she likes someone to stay with her.  She refuses to sleep in our bed, so John either sleeps on the floor or I take her out to the living room and we squish the couches together.  This way, the bed is big enough for me, but not nearly long enough for me to get any ideas about just falling asleep while reading her stories...  ;)

My mom was generous enough to extend her original offer of a twin bed into a full.  She's awesome like that.