Zoey loves Johnny Cash. Yep, she does. So do we all in the Miller Manor. I don't think I ever really listened to Cash much in my younger years. I can't remember how I really came to like his music. I'm sure John or someone else out there will remember - especially John. He remembers just about everything (except birthdates of people outside of the immediate family). (Oh, and to write things down. He forgets to write things down.) ;)
But in any case, we listen to Johnny Cash quite a bit. Along with Frank Sinatra and a few others... (right now I'm obsessed with Adele. Thanks Nikki!)
A few days ago Z and I were playing in the front room. She wanted me to "play the train song." That means she handed me a guitar (this time the little flat wooden one) and wants me to sing "Folsom Prison Blues." She had the microphone (from a drive thru kid's meal some time ago).
After a few turns of her singing, then me singing and her playing, she wanted me to sing AND play. Hard without a mic stand. So, I held it between my knees. She thought this was too cool. To be able to sing AND play. Well, then she took a turn.
And Crinklehead got in on the action...
Music! Smiles! And a kid that thinks I can sing and play the guitar! Whoot! :)
2 comments:
Enjoy the 'my mama can do *anything* stage'!!! xoxo
Yeah, I can relate to "enjoy the Mama can do anything stage" - remember singing in the car? I remember certain youngun's who covered their ears (on the way to the beach or on long trips) when I started up the Air Force song: Off we go ..into the wild blue yonder... flying high, into the sky...
But, love makes all things possible. You guys could be the "new" Hannah Montana phenom.
Love.
Yo Mamma
Post a Comment