I asked: “Who am I?” (pointing to my chest) **We used to play that game with her all of the time when she was tiny – trying to get her to learn names – with anyone in the room. Back then (and even up to recently) she’d say “Mama” or “Grandma” or whoever. Then when we’d point to her and say “Who are you?” She’d point back to herself and say “Zoey.”
Tonight I got this…
Zoey: “You’re Mama. I'm Zoey.”
Me: (Slightly taken aback at the completeness of it all and use of contractions… )
Zoey: “You’re Mom. I’m Zoe.” (As in Zo… not Zo-EE)
Wow! I thought… That’s really cool. My kid got that concept of shortening the names (and use of contractions…. She may have been doing that before, but not that stuck out to me like that moment)!
We talked back and forth about that and other random –I don’t remember at this point- things….
Later on I asked (trying to see if she’d do it again): “Who’s Mama?”
Zoey: “Zoey’s Mama!” (Thinking I said “Whose Mama?”)
I was totally surprised by this! She’s been calling my friends things like “Kalis’ Mom” or “Tula’s Mom.” Those two girls are in art class with her and the moms are good friends of mine.
Then I asked her: “Who is This?” (Pointing to Captain Picard action figure. Yeah, we’re geeks and I love it!!)
Zoey: “Captain Picard." (Or as she says, "Captain Titard.") "You’re Mom. I’m Zoe. This is Cap.”
Ah, I just thought that was the cutest exchange of the day and I had to share!!
I have no idea what milestones or whatever toddlers are supposed to hit when, but I must admit, I think my kid is pretty darn smart. And I’ll tell anyone that! ;)
| Zoey and her Batman helemt! (Thanks to Uncle Bill for letting her borrow it for awhile.) ;) |
| Daddy and Z prepare to go outside. Early November 2010 |
| Zoey plays with the rocks from my blessingway. She's making her own Celtic ceremony circle, perhaps?! Late October 2010 |
2 comments:
Obviously, this kid takes after her Aunt Barbara!
Hey Love,
Just to let you know. She is right on track!! I have to study those developmental things all the time with my bug.
Secondly, Sophie is doing the EXACT SAME THING with the name switch. AND, we have sort of figured out that it is her "sense of humor". A way to check and make sure we are paying attention to such games.
Your girl is so verbal and smart! I'd love to get them together again. They would be so fun at this stage!
Post a Comment