Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Seven Year Itch

My husband - my sweet wonderful husband - and I celebrated our seventh wedding anniversary yesterday. Seven years. We've been together almost ten. Crazy. Wonderful.
We've had our ups and downs, like most everyone. I must say we've had more ups - thankfully!!

Every anniversary has been a special one. The tradition up to this weekend has always been to go somewhere completely new to us (usually a new restaurant). We've tried out a new pizza place, a new-to-us tropical bar. A couple of those anniversaries we have even been able to toast each other with champagne at the moment we kissed at our wedding (marked at that time by the local clock tower's bell - totally not planned! ultra cool).

This year we are celebrating with a new "someplace new to us." It's more of a commitment to each other. ...More of an emotional place. We didn't sit down to discuss it. In all reality, we started and then decided to really make a commitment and talk about it, about us, our life together.

I think those are the best new changes, the ones that happen organically. I think those really stick.

This all kind of ties into my desire to get fit too. I've decided not to force myself to work out or fret about my body in reguards to how others will see me. I've really been focusing on my internal image - that's been hard, don't get me wrong. John's been on this journey with me. And I have been with him on his similar quest. We have always had each other's backs. Been supportive of each other's dreams and desires... this time our commitment to each other is evolving even more than as a normal couple grows together. It's pretty cool.

I seem to be rambling here a bit. I apologize. I'm not much for sharing the really close to my heart details with the world. I thought I should document this anniversary because seven years is a milestone - even if only in Marilyn Monroe movies. ;)

Here we are enjoying custom-made sushi and a bottle of "7 Deadly Zins"... It was amazing. We followed it all up with a most decadent flourless chocolate tart!

"....The best is yet to come!" I love you, honey!!!