Thursday, September 30, 2010

Apple Picking

I mentioned our apple picking adventure awhile ago... so, here's the proof! Zoey and I had a wonderful time walking through a local orchard, picking apples, playing at the market, seeing friends. (This post is full of photos - there were so many cute ones, I couldn't decide. There are even more, but I got tired of waiting for the computer!)Here's Miss Z waiting to go - basket in hand!
The beautiful and sweet smelling market. I believe these apples were waiting to go to stores. The cider press is behind the stacks of lucious apples - perhaps they were to become cider... They were so pretty, I'm betting on a trip to a store.
"Look Mama!"
Our first stop: Red Delicious

The whole gang walking through the orchard. What a wonderful bunch of friends!

This kid smells most everything! This red beauty is a relative of the Delicious, but I can't remember the name.


This is Zoey's friend Maks. She thought he was pretty cool. She even thought about hugging him... I have some slightly uncomfortable-looking pix of that. ;) He is the son of my new friend Kelley. I love getting to know new mamas even if it is in short bursts while we chase our kids around. Here's hoping we get to talk someday as adults too!

Mama and Zoey
I must mention here that Zoey picked out her pants that morning. Just told me she wanted to wear "the red ones" - no real reason, I thought. John said of course she wanted to wear those... "They are the color of apples!" I should have realized that! :)


Our bounty!
(I ended up giving some away to my mom and in laws. I thought we never would go through them fast enough... silly me! I never thought of actually making something until I had an apple crisp from another friend's picking adventure... I have to remember that I am somewhat coordinated enough to try these type things! HA! Next year...)

3 comments:

Serafina said...

I bet Zoey has inherited our mother's mighty sinffer. Scent memories are some of the most powerful, you know! Nice pictures!

Prisoner of the Universe #2-16 said...

Great Pictures.
Great Kid.

bnicholson said...

Very photogenic! Great photos, I really enjoyed them.
Barbara