Friday, August 20, 2010

CSA in bloom

My new friend Caroline has a farm. I've never been there (although that should change come fall for a sweet mama*ology get-together - I hope!) In any case, she has been offering up her farm goodies all summer... I didn't realize this! What?! Yeah, I've missed most of the summer (bummer!) BUT... Once I figured it all out, I signed up for her weekly deliveries. (She's the best because she'll let us know what is about to be harvested and then we can decide if we want a big bag, small bag, or to skip the week - very cool.) For the past two weeks, the Miller Manor has had a small bag of fresh, local goodies!
I took pictures of the bounty the first week - I just never got anything up on the ol' blog. This past week, we ate lots before snapping any shots! ;) The best part of Caroline's bountiful bags - for me - is the flowers. Ok, I love the tomatoes too... the edamame, the blueberries, zucchini, peppers... oh, and this last week we had PEACHES!! The best peaches I have ever had - seriously. YUM! You can see some of those wonderful peaches (and a smidge of zuc) in the background - there next to my Fiesta mixing bowl set.

My initiation to the world of CSA involved sunflowers! I love sunfllowers. Here's one of my favorite photos that I have taken. (They look so much better here than in the first photo - because this was the fresh pic and the first was a week later.)

So many wonderful colors!!

Here are some of Caroline's fresh Ohio tomatoes and Black-eyed Susans from our yard. Zoey picked them and they sit just so beautifully in an Absinthe glass on the kitchen windowsill.

I have been eagerly anticipating autumn... but these fllowers and fresh goodies make me stop and smile at summer for a bit. :)


2 comments:

Serafina said...

Edamame is great, I hope we get some of that soon. Your sunflowers and black eyed susans are pretty.

Anonymous said...

Love your new heading picture.
Flowers are always a spirit lifter. Nice photos.
Love,
Mom