Monday, August 23, 2010

On your mark...

Today I realized I have 10 yeeks until my 10 year college reunion. Yep, it's been a decade since I walked the brick mall of my transition from naive twenty-something to college graduate (still pretty naive, I figure).

I haven't been a big Homecoming-type of person. Ok, so I probably really am... I like wearing the ol' navy blue and white. But I've not made much of a big deal about it because I am truly horrible at staying in touch with people andf it's hard to meet and greet with people you don't talk to much. I find myself not doing college-type activities because I live here and I guess I don't "play in the forest because I see the trees every day"...err, something...

The past year I have been talking to (or at least commenting on the lives of) college friends. I feel like I am connected to some of them enough to be comfortable having a beer and conversation this October.

I'm happy with the way my life is turning out. Not like when I graduated and was working retail at the mall... when I actually caught myself explaining my situation to someone from high school as I bagged her crappy purchase. "Explaining" as in... I think I rammbled on about my "plans"... Yeah, wow, pretty lame...

I'm confident in my life choices. But I must admidt finding out some of your college pals have gone on to travel the world (while saving it in the Peace Corps) all the while running marathons and enjoying the best of life in metropolian DC... well, it could bring a person to think... whoa, what AM I doing?! HA!

But no seriously. I am happy with my life. John and I have discussed using this 10 week timeline to address that pesky area of our life with which we aren't so happy... health. More aptly, body image and energy.

I'm hesitant about blogging this information. Because if I don't do anything over the next 10 weeks - or geesh, if I don't do anything past today.... eek, that would be a big ol' bag o' crap to have blogged on and on about blah blah.... You see what I'm saying?

But I've decided to write a bit about my journey over the next 10 weeks to see if I can actually do SOMETING!!! Anything! To get my body, mind, soul into a healthier place. And if I look ROCKIN' HOT when I see said marathon-running-saint... that'll be ok too! Because Amy, yes, that's her name.... and I LOVE her, really. She's an amazing person with a great heart. And she's SUPER smart!! Well, she's done different things over the last 10 years from what I have done. But look, we are ending up back in the same place for at least one weekend and I want to embrace that. (And all of the others that may be returning.)

And, it's be sweet to look ROCKIN' HOT for my own self and my hubby! ;)

Wish me luck (or curse me silently to yourself)! It's no skin off my back - but hopefully it'll all result in some fat off my belly and some smooth muscular arms, yo!!

3 comments:

Serafina said...

I applaud you! I recommend getting a chin up bar. Maybe signing up for a class of some kind and paying money upfront. That investment, as opposed to pay as you go, can motivate you to make your exercise a priority. Good Luck!

betsy said...

No matter what amazing things your classmates have done since graduation, only one person in your class created The Zoey! Take a bow.

Trisha said...

Thanks girls!