Friday, February 19, 2010

Update.

Zoey's croup has turned into a really bad cold... runny nose, sneezing, the ocassional cough. She actually slept better when she had croup (or when she first had croup, depending on whether or not she still has it). Last night was the worst for sleep. We all made it through.

We haven't left the house in a while. bummer, but not unusual. I opened up the windows yesterday. Quite a bit, actually. The air seemed relatively nice... or rather comparatively nice.

I am looking forward to SPRING with all my heart! Oh, I suppose I could write an entire post about that... some other time.

Our massive icicle farm got reeeeeally big and then I decided it was time to harvest some. And by harvest I mean, slash through some with a broom handle and listen to the crashing thud. Even with that, I didn't venture out past my front stoop. I just leeeeaned really far and got the ones I could.

The gianormous one on the back of the house that was probably 5 feet long (I wish I had measured it!) bit it Wednesday evening. John took some pictures, but I haven't downloaded them yet. He got the pleasure of knocking THAT sucker down. I think he said he broke it off with his hand and it weighed more than 30 pounds (he guessed).

...I can't believe it's Friday. A friend posted something on FaceBook about thanking Friday, etc. etc... I literally had to check my trusty atomic clock to make sure it was actually Friday. Ah, cabin fever, you are real to me. You mess my internal calendar and make me eat handfulls of chocolate. (Mom, the Valentine's chocolates we got for you and Dad are still safe... so far... although, they are such good handmade wonders... it might be a shame to let them get old.... hmmmm.....)

Happy Cabin Fever Friday! Here's hoping my weekend is as wonderful as the promise held by the beauty that is shinning through my window this morning.... :)

1 comment:

Prisoner of the Universe #2-16 said...

Harvesting the ol' ice-ick-l.
Beware of the falling ice - it's hard and heavy and could hurt someone.
The kids tell me that the snow has a sheet of ice on it (on the ground0 so beware ware ice cuts - like paper cuts) BEWARE... that's from the grandma"wear a sweater"Pat.
Gotta go - kids are here.