Zoey has croup. If you don't know what that means, you've never experienced the heart-stopping sounds of your tiny baby hacking, coughing, and basically sounding like a wounded seal. I hope you never know what it is.
In the midst of dealing with this today, I had a friend tell me it's just as bad for the parent as it is the kid. I hope not. I hope it is actually worse for me. I'll gladly take the tension headache, the gut-gnawing, the inner anger and frustration. Gladly. As long as my baby can sleep. As long as my sweet little girl doesn't have to cough anymore.
Much has happened today in working on this issue. I'm not really up for writing... I have a feeling I should go to bed now (at 8:30ish) so that I may get some sleep in case she does wake up again... I'll just say... she didn't nap. We bought a humidifier. She was in good sprirts most of the day. We had to rush to the doctor's office in order to get in before they closed. We had less than 30 minutes to rush and in that time had to bundle Zoey, dig out the car, jump the battery, listen as John was shocked by said battery, and still drive to the office. And we did it with about two minutes to spare.
The doctor's visit was fine. Our new insurance cards came today (yes, we finally got insurance again). And, the cards came TODAY. (Someone IS looking out for us!!)
Tonight, after John dropped us off and he went back to work for a third time.... I was sitting on the couch, Zoey climbed up and sat next to me (cracker in hand). That was sweet enough, but the show on the TV just happened to be an episode featuring a chat about mothers and daughters... and Zoey leaned over and kissed my arm. No reason, just did it. I said Thank You. She did it again. And then simply laid her head on my arm. I cried. Yep, I do that a lot these days. It was all so sweet and then with the talk on the tele... ah, too much for this hormonal mama to handle right now.
1 month ago
4 comments:
Hey, I'm sorry to hear that Zoey has the croup. I hope the dr. gave you something to ease the coughing - the humidifier will help. I don't remember you having this affliction. Stuffy head, racking cough, no fever? drink lots of liquids and rest whenever for both you and the baby - right?Keep us posted.
Love, Mom and Dad
This too shall pass.
I am thankful that you have insurance and don't have to lie awake listening to that cough wondering if it's bad enough yet to justify the cost of the doctor visit.
Let us know when you're feeling like visiting, we haven't seen you in a long time.
Awwww...poor Zoey. Poor Mama. I'm glad you bought a humidifier. That should help. Jools had croup about a month or so ago...I'm trying to remember what we did for her...steam baths with peppermint EO, lots of warm tea, Ugh...I remember how scary it was. I'm sorry you're going throught this. It too shall pass!
Hang in there sweetie! It is only a moment in time...just a moment.
Post a Comment