Thursday, February 4, 2010

"BaBa's" handiwork.

Not too long ago, while having dinner with the family here at the Manor, Grandma and Grandpa Miller remarked that Zoey seemed to be handling her utensils well enough. Well enough since they were so big - adult size utensils.

I've thought about getting her little kid-sized utensils, but I'm not fond of sorting through what type of plastic/where it's made/spend the money/blah/blah... so I have just been giving her our forks and spoons. She's done well enough... Most of the time she just uses her hands. (Is that bad?! whatever.)

After that dinner, Grandpa (or as Zoey calls him "BaBa") set to work:

You see, he is a machinist by trade - mostly guns, but this time he made Zoey-sized silverware. Aren't they adorable!?!

They may look like normal silverware (because that is how they started). For reference, this is the fork compared to our normal fork.

And here is Zoey using her new fork... A fork and spoon set that will forever be in our family.

We are still mastering the way to hold the fork, but we are indeed getting there.

"Thank you so much, BaBa!!"

3 comments:

DC Super Powers said...

Oh my goodness!! Mr. Miller is amazing! I am not only impressed by the task, but by the love this shows. Actually, little bit choked up over here! What a beautiful gesture. Just. Wow.

Serafina said...

That is super awesome!

bnicholson said...

Wow!! That is way cool! I love it.
Zoey and her Grandpa are amazing!
Hugs,
Barbara