Hey everybody!
Sweet Beana is sleeping. I'm in the mood to post. Nothing much new is going on today. I have many errands to run: get diapers, stop by the print shop, plan something for John's birthday... yadda, yadda... much more little to-do type items...
My mother-in-law is stopping by for lunch before she runs to work. We're going to enjoy a bit of left-over soup. Although most everyone knows that "left-over" is a terribly understated word, especially for soup. Soup, especially from-scratch soup, is always better the next day or two! :)
I cleaned a bit this morning... ran the sweeper. I didn't worry to put Zoey in the pack-n-play this time. She's getting very much used to the sweeper. She sometimes makes kissy sounds to it - "Ah, sweeper!" (*kiss*) She's adorable.
Still as the loud roaring happened in the front room, she stood slightly taken aback at the end of the front hallway - holding her Bisquick box. I was afraid she would cry, but she did not. I continued on...
After finishing the front room and front hallway, I went to see where she had gone. Hmmm.... Oh. boy. She found the cat food...again. ugh. No, she didn't eat any (I hope). She just likes to take each little piece out of the bowl - some end up on the floor - some in the water dish. ick. Oh well. I ate "X"s when I was little - at least once. I think my sister ate them more... I don't remember.
With a quick 'explaination' of why we don't do what she had done... I placed her in the play pen and finished the play room floor. Enough cleaning for that moment. I treasure each small accomplishment. :)
**Also another quick cute Z update: She's starting lining up her toys. As in, she takes the little people from her boat/plane/dump truck toys and lines them up. And sometimes counts them. Sometimes they are placed on the seat of the wooden car and she drives them back and forth until the force slowly shoves them onto the floor.
I know this little tid-bit is something every kid does. But I am always in amazement when she starts doing these "kid-like" things. She's repeating everything, she's singing full songs to herself, she's answering questions, talking in full sentances (some of the time)... she's growing up. I just LOVE watching her change and develop.
John and I sit and talk about her development, her changes, her personality all of the time. We wonder if other parents get as into it as we do, wonder if they are as amazed by their child, wonder if it's the same with more than one child. We hope they do enjoy each moment. We hope that each child out there gets to experience the love that this little one has every day. We hope the parents are as appreciative and as grateful for what miracles dance around them... as grateful as we are about our beautiful girl.
1 week ago
2 comments:
Yep...I think all parents wonder and talk with amazement at their children. And yes, it is the same wonder with each subsequent child...just at different things!
Glad you guys are having so much fun with your little girl:-D Kids are amazing!
Hey...that kid is amazing!!! We too cherish every moment. Sophie is not as far advanced in the talking stuffs...but, she does continue to amaze us with her lovable outgoing personality. She can't go anywhere without waving hi or blowing kisses. She has started sitting on her "cawhh" (car) and pretending to drive it around... I love the Boston-like accent that comes out at this age... just love em...
Post a Comment