Monday, November 2, 2009

Halloweenie, Part Deux

Um, not the most flattering photo of moi.... I was my own kind of SuperHero... The bipolar, schizophrenic superhero otherwise known as PMS!

My powers included "Overpowering ANGER" (lift blue arm guantlet) and "Uncontrollable CRYING" (lift yellow arm gauntlet). (Only one person said anger should be yellow and crying should be blue... and he was an annoying tennager dressed as something offensive that I had to bite my tongue not to embarrass myself at the lack of respect I had for his parents at that moment.) And truthfully, I hadn't thought about coordinating my gauntlet color to my power ahead of time - it was all spur-of-the-moment verbal diarrhea. Funny diarreha, and that's the best.
Here we have the Addams family. Dave and Rachel. They were cute. Dave even shaved his beard for this night. (And, yes, he's fine... you can see his recovering hand there on the right - not with the cigar. He can't really move his thumb or feel the tip of it. He's healing. and will probably have a wicked scar.) :)

**Sorry there are no pictures of Johnny boy. He was a bloody victim (of too much to do before Halloween and no time to prep a costume). Next year, my boy. Next year... We'll PLAN!! I promise. ;)
Other costumes of note: Dave's sister was the annoying "Flo" from all those Progressive insurance ads. Flo as she was being attacked by the Geico gecko. Funny. I wish I had a photo.
We also saw the Heroes cheerleader - complete with forehead wound.
A goth girl, a spilt personality man, Clint Eastwood,
Oh and someone dressed up like ABBY!! from NCIS!!!! Yes, it was AWESOME! She even had the NCIS photo badge and everything. I wish I had a photo of that too.
We hit two parties. The first was full of good food and cheer. It was mostly outside... eek. And you had to "bob" for beer out of an ice cold tub of water... Ok, so you could use your hand, but still I only got one beer. damn. I got caught up talking to a girl with her little 9 month old boy Boone. He was so cute and we chatted about breastfeeding and babies.
The other party we missed the fun and caught everyone during clean up. Said hi, had a glass of water and came home.

No comments: