Friday, October 23, 2009

October nears its end (in photos!)

I have been lax in my bloggie-blog-ness lately... I've figured it out... I use the dreaded FaceBook status updates as a "Cliff-Notes" version of my blog. Things happen in real life. I want to write about them, but get bogged down in the idea of sitting down to write. Sooooo..... on that note, here's a "Cliff-Notes" version of mid-late October with Zoey.

This is my sweet girl (with pigtails!) one afternoon when she decided to SMILE for the camera. I think she was a bit slap-happy.

Slappy-Grin!!

"Hey, MA! There's an ELMO in my PANTS!!!" (Oh, why do I torture my child so?! Yes, I did that to her.... I have a ton of random Elmo-in-my-pants photos. No reason. I must have been slap-happy that afternoon.)


Sweet Beana enjoying a crisp fall afternoon in the front yard. That pretty autumnal display (if I do say so myself) is right next to our garage by the walkway leading to our front door. Festive, eh?! :)


Zoey discovering sunlight on the wall... and the floor ...and then reflected in that mirror. That was fun to move around the room.

RANDOM dress-up!! Is it normal to dress your kid up before she knows what dress up really is?!? "Oh MY!! It's SO hard out on the prairie!!" -melodramtic sigh-

The Red Ribbon! Zoey found this red ribbon somewhere and it has been our steadfast friend and toy. We play a "game" where I say "red ribbon on YOUR head" and put it on her head... "red ribbon on Mommy's head" and then, you guessed it, put it on MY head. Back and forth.
Who says you need a bunch of TOYS!?! We don't need no stinkin' toys!


AWESOME BED HEAD!!!!! I wish I had had the camera when she first woke up from this nap. TOTAL POMPADOUR!! Duckie would have been proud!

Reading one of her favorite books: "I Love You, Stinky Face." John loves to read this book to her (as do I). :) *And side note about this photo... you see, she's wearing a sleeveless dress. Well, it got above 70 degrees here in the last week and I pulled this little ditty of a dress out of the closet because it was too big for the summer (still is too big). I wanted to give it a shot just in case it doesn't last till Spring. (I have a feeling it WILL last with my skinny mini kiddo!) :)
Ok, so that's all for now. Pictures Pictures for the Grandmas!! Some quirky notes for my memories. And hopefully, a jolt to get back to writing - something - anything. :)









3 comments:

Serafina said...

Awesome Pictures! In the third one down she looks strikingly like Joyce I think.

Can't wait to see you guys on Sunday!

bnicholson said...

Loved the photos. Zoey is growing so fast, I guess she won't know me anymore. 8-(

Heidi Ho said...

Zoey is getting so big and grown up! These are amazing and wonderful pictures!!!! Cherish them, as I'm sure you will!!!xoxoxo Heidi and Sophie