Zoey is now standing! She's still wobbly, but she's gaining confidence everyday. She even stood unassisted and without holding an object today - in the front yard - in the grass. Very kid-like! Very cool. (yes, I was standing inches behind her - just. in. case.)
She's also learned how to walk behind her Plastic Car thingie. I was worried about this. just a bit. She's so tall that I thought she wouldn't ever use that Obnoxious Pink Plastic thing. The push handle is at a height for "average" babies and, you well know, average she is not. :) But she's learning how to walk behind it. :) I just hope she doesn't ever loose that beautiful straight posture that she has now (I'll throw that damn car over the hill if she slumps to push it. - Like umbrella strollers, made for midgets, uh, I mean little people.) But I digress....
I'm very happy for my sweet Beana.
I keep getting people telling me that I'll "be sorry" when she starts to walk on her own. Instead of getting bogged down in the possible trouble she could get into or overwhelmed by the sadness of her growing up... I think I will simply enjoy these beautiful moments. Moments where my heart skips a beat when I look over and there she is... standing tall. Moments like as we are walking along the sidewalk, she lets go of one of my fingers so that she can wave goodbye to her Grandma and Grandpa as they leave the driveway.
And (since I'm remembering...) the moments when I find her casually reading her books. She so beautifully sits with her back against the mesh sides of the play pen and the book between her legs... she turns the pages and point to things, sometimes even talking outloud to herself. And then she'll catch me watching her and this GIANT smile appears.
Moments forever in my mind. I am so blessed. I am so thankful.
5 weeks ago
2 comments:
When you are happy, we are happy.
We love you.
Mom and Dad
YES YES with enjoying the moments instead of worrying. You're a fabulous Mommie.
My biggest growing up freak out was the first day of putting Annie on the kindergarten bus...well, until 2 weeks from now when I drive her to Pitt!
hugs and kisses
Post a Comment