Friday, July 17, 2009

On the table: pesto and more.

So, I bought basil plants at the farmer's market a while ago. (I also bought some other goodies...) John and I love pesto and have had many ideas about making our own. So, we finally did!

Grilled Portabella mushrooms, red bell peppers, onions, and pesto pasta!

I made the pesto in my (most favorite Christmas gift EVER - from my inlaws two years ago) food processor. I'm getting pretty handy with the ol' processing... :)
John grilled up the veggies (he's the KING griller). I made the pasta and together... VOILA!! It was tasty!! Yummm..... And the leftovers made for killer eats too!

Of course, everything is eaten on FIESTAWARE in this house. These bowls happen to come into the Manor via the mama*ology yard sale about two years ago. (The color is better in the top photo, but the food looks better here. That's why I posted both pix!)

2 comments:

Heidi Ho said...

That looks amazingly yummy!

bnicholson said...

Is that the new Fiesta color "Lemongrass" ?