Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Mamas who lunch.

Hey everybody! I just had a fun little lunchy type thing at my house! Whoo-hoo!!! (And to top it all off... the Zomeister is SLEEPING! That's how I can write in the DAY!)

Anyhoo... Most people wouldn't be as thrilled about eating lunch as I am right now, but you see... I don't get out much.... and since moving, I haven't had people over here to "lunch." In fact I never did at the old house (other than "the boys" - that'd be my Husband's friends. They are now my friends and mostly like family.) So to have girlfriends over is a big step for me.

A big step with a baby... and I did it. Yay, me.

It was small - just two friends and their kids. ...other people's kids... in my house... my house, not baby-proofed... or kid-proofed.... eek. :0 But we did it. :)

I did well picking the two mamas with VERY well behaved kids. The mamas with kids that LOVE to play together. Ok, so I didn't have to pick. (Thank God!) I'm not good at "picking" anything and this time I didn't have to... all the other mommies went out of town on an adults-only shopping trip. (Two of them are preggo again and went, I guess, to get maternity stuff. We have very little options in "these here parts.") So that left those of us with little little ones or busy schedules that don't include spending copious amounts of money.

It went very well. I made Chicken Bean Tortilla soup. (The Recipe was for White Chili, but for some reason my version doesn't look very chili-y... so it's Chicken Bean soup or simply Trisha's Chicken with whatever is in the pantry soup!) Christine brought a salad and I had PBandJ on hand, just in case! :)

I like having friends over. I have always been the type that loves to have people over. I love to party. And now we have a house that can support people in it. :) Even little people....

**Side note: My WONDERFUL husband got his GI Joe guys out of the garage this morning specifically for the little boy that was coming today. He wanted to make sure there was something other than baby toys for the kid. Isn't he the BEST!! :)

I had my first glimpse of having a wee walker in the house too. Little Valentina is about 2 1/2 months older than Z and she's pulling herself up and beginning to walk... so cute!! And I got to see how little fingers will be opening drawers and pulling on the table. (And bonking her head....) Things went well and I'm learning what babyproofing things are really necessary and what is just more crap to buy.

I hope to be able to do it again soon. And since it's after 3:30 and Z is still napping.... perhaps having some stimulation other than mama is GREAT for her too. :)

And here's to having adults over sometime soon.... after the kiddos are sleeping... Yay Mojitos in the backyard!!! Summer is on the way!!!

No comments: