Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year, Baby!


So, dear friends, it is way early in the morning - nearly 2:30! Zoey is sound asleep in her crib. John is not-so-soundly sleeping on the couch. Reruns of The Golden Girls play quietly in the background of this first day of 2009. I should be sleeping, but I want to mark this moment.

So long, 2008... Welcome 2009.

The past year has been full of the greatest joys and some sorrows. I thank God and my lucky stars for each and every moment - good and bad. I have learned from them all. Thank you.

At the cross-roads to a new year, I have the choice to reflect on the old or plan for the future. Today I choose to look forward. Resolve, if you will....

Instead of laundry listing all of the things I hope to achieve, as I have tried to do in the past.... I think this year's resolution will be more succinct: To be mindful.

Mindful of my health, of my family, of other's feelings, of being grateful... and so on. To be aware.

I hope you and yours are enjoying/have enjoyed/will enjoy the New Year festivities. I have had a grand evening with friends and family. I'm missing those that could not be here and looking forward to seeing everyone again soon.

Much Love,
Mama Miller

**Oh, and just so you know, Zoey does have a diaper on in this picture. :) (It's a bit of a family joke... When I first started dating John, his mom showed me a picture of him au naturale wearing a New Year's Baby banner. Evidentally I said something about "Did your parents take alot of these kinds of photos?!" or something. I don't remember this at all. But Joyce does. She said I looked super serious and she cracks up every time she thinks about it. - Ok. Sure. - If you were at our wedding my Dad copied the photo (covering up his wee baby "pee-pee") and put it on our photo board. Now Zoey has a similar photo! Her's is complete with mini top hat!!)

2 comments:

Prisoner of the Universe #2-16 said...

Happy New Year, Mrs. Miller. I get a great deal of happiness from watching the development of Zoey through your photos and comments. I love you. Grandma Pat
PS My "old" yoga instructor tried to teach us to be "mindful" by taking a raisin into our mouth and not chewing it, but only savoring it. The men usually ate it before they got the instruction. Ha, ha. Good luck with your endeavor.

bnicholson said...

Hey Trisha, Great photo of Zoey! I love it. Happy 2009!