Zoey had her 6th month checkup today! SIX whole months OLD! Whoa! Can you believe it?! I'm pinching myself....
Her stats:
Length - 28 inches long (90th percentile. Gee, I wonder where she gets that!)
Weight - 15.8 pounds (75th percentile)
Head - 17.5 inches
So, she's looking good!! As for other milestones this past month...
Rolled over from her back to her stomach on Saturday, December 20th (around 12:17 p.m.). We were playing on the floor in her new "playroom" (aka the old dining room that now is full of her toys and stuff) and she just did it! She's been getting ready to roll for weeks and now she's rolling like mad!
Ate "baby food" for the first time (other than the cereal) on Thursday, December 18th. First food: Squash. Then we started Carrots on Christmas Eve (The hope was to feed her with my Dad watching. She even wore her "I love my Grandpa" bib. We did get to eat with Aunt Tracy however.) Next will be Sweet Potatoes (tomorrow). Then Peas! At least that's the plan.
Now, here's one that could possibly just be my "mama mindset" wanting a milestone... She's been babble-ing like crazy lately. Everything from "mamama...bababab... mmmm ba...geeoowww..." But yesterday morning... I tell ya... She was playing on her blanket in the playroom and I was in the kitchen... she yelled "mmmmma ma! mmmma ma!" I ran into the room to make sure that she knew when she said that, I'd be there. "That's ME!! MAMA! That's ME!!" So, I know she has no idea that she's really saying something, but it's simply the beginning - She's soooo close! (We also joke that we hope she doesn't turn into a Hanson fan with all her "Mmmm Bops!" HA!)
1 comment:
Wow, Zoey!! It sounds like we'll be able to have phone conversations pretty soon! I haven't figured out how to say "Mama" or "Daddy" yet, but I really like to say "Oowwoo" and "Aahyyaahh" :) Congrats on the rolling over thing, too!
Babble at ya soon!
Post a Comment