Tuesday, January 20, 2009

As history is made...

The Millers have been watching the TV all day. Ok, not really watching... it's been on in the background. I can't help it. I'm a media junkie. I've been trying to keep Zoey busy in the room off the kitchen. (That, and trying to get her to nap ALL day... oh well...) But while the actual oath-taking and speeches were happening she sat with us. And watched. (sort of)


I'm happy to know my daughter will only know a world that anyone in America can do anything, can be anything!


Since Zoey is still up and playing, I need to keep this short. So some tid bits of the day so far (in no particular order):

The mere mention of "Normandy" brought tears to my eyes.

Zoey has been waving today!! (She sat up unassited yesterday, too.)

I gasped when the "medical emergency" was thought to be Robert Byrd.

We finally got someone to show us about our weirdo water softener on this house (hmm, I miss city water... but we deal).

1 comment:

Prisoner of the Universe #2-16 said...

I turned on the TV to C-span in school about 10 am yesterday - that's homeroom on a 2 hour delay day. We watched the House come to order and select an officiating officer (since Nancy Pelosi was going to the swearing in on the Capital steps.)
My kids were very quiet for the opening prayer. I don't think they have listened to very many long prayers (except: help me, Jesus! types - short and desperate.)
Throughout the day different groups came in to watch the events. Each group had a different view and opinions...
I think we have short changed social studies education far too long. We missed teaching tolerance and "the right stuff"... in favor of math and science (perhaps)But some one must be educating the populace or we would still be electing OWM [old white men a.k.a. the boys' club) to govern the country.
I saw the WWII memorial, too. And I thought of your Grandpa.
I wonder what he would say about yesterday's ceremonies and such...
I love you all.
Keep warm.