Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Drug Store Christmas List

My mother has a "tradition" of purchasing many of her holiday gifts at the local drug store. I believe that, at first, she did this out of necessity (as in "Oh, crap the kids will be here tomorrow!"). But now I think she kind of enjoys the "challenge." That and I'm not a big fan of cramming into the mall during the holidays - perhaps she is the same way.

So on that note, I thought I would help her out. You know, give her some ideas to think about while she's wandering the aisles at CVS. (Oh and Mom, I've thrown in some grocery store items as well... because I know you shop there too.)

1. Razors (I'm stealing this one from Keith, but he's right. They are 'spensive these days! I'll be happy with some bad-for-the-planet disposable ones.)

2. Caffeine-free Coke. This may seem silly, but I don't buy soda pop. So this would be like candy. And don't people buy candy for Christmas? If you could find caffeine-free vanilla coke, you'd be a star in my book!

3. Baking Soda. Boxes and boxes of baking soda. Weird Gift? Yes. Useful? INDEED!

4. Make-up. I've never been good at picking out this stuff. I usually buy the wrong color or a kind that flakes off or whatever... but these days I'm wearing CoverGirl TruBlend Liquid foundation #410. You could throw in some Waterproof mascara too (it comes in a green tube). As well as various lipsticks...

5. Spices... salts, red peppers, mixes, McCormick grinders, etc... etc...

6. Nail polish. I haven't worn polish since I got pregnant, so this will be a treat now! I like various colors, but I'm really feeling a dark Raisiny Reddish-Blackish.... something. or Surprise me!

7. Fragrance-free Curel. A family favorite.

8. Random by-the-counter impulse purchases like chapstick, gum, magazines, candy, and whatever else...

*John has added shaving cream (to accompany the razors). Yes, we use the same kind of razors and shave cream - it's a two-for-one gift extravaganza!

Thanks bunches!!

2 comments:

Serafina said...

That Nail polish you're feeling is Revlon's Vamp. Malissa and I went through tons of that stuff when we were staying up all night drinking and playing cards and painting our fingernails.

Jenny said...

Ohhh baking soda. Good wish for a present. We go through loads of the stuff! I think you are genius for asking for it;-)I used to know a website that listed all the household uses for baking soda...but i can't think of it now, lol. my favorite? laundry detergent:-)