Well Friends, I took Zoey to the doctor last week and forgot to send out the stats. She is, of course, perfectly healthy. She weighed in at 14 pounds, 6 ounces. Her head measurement was just shy of 17 1/4 inches. The real number of wonder - or celebration - or shock - or whatever was her length... 27 inches! Yeppers, my girl is another AMAZON WARRIOR!!! (Just like her mama!)
My mother-in-law, Joyce, put it into a nice perspective: Zoey has grown 6 inches in 20 1/2 weeks! Six inches in less than 5 months!!! So, Amanda, you are not off-base to ask what kind of super-human supplements I'm giving her. I'm here to tell you it's just good ol' Mama Milk!!
She's already wearing 6-9 month onesies. And tonight we had to toss a footie pj outfit into the "no longer fits" basket for storage (that was a Carter's 6-9 month one too!). She's just too long. We slipped the feet on her and couldn't even get the neck part anywhere close to her shoulders. (Which, aside from being extremely cool, is kinda sad that we have all these uber-cute footie pjs and she can't wear them. Unless we cut the feet out, I know... but I think I'd rather pass them on to some poor short gal!) ;-P
Tonight she's wearing an off-brand footed yard sale find... size "XL (12 mos)" You betcha!!! But like I said it's not Carter's, so it's not our average with which to compare. And even that is weirdly fitting... the legs are just long enough, the feet are stretched, and the belly width is for a comparatively chunky kid. I mean I could stuff her to look like Santa!
She's simply a long, lean cuteness machine!!!
**By the way, these pictures of her in the pink onesie were taken on October 16, 2008 (nearly a month ago!!) So, she's even l-o-n-g-e-r now! And, this last picture was her waking up after a nap. That hair-do is au naturale - just like her Dad!!
4 comments:
I love your pictures (and your baby-Amazon-warrior) I'm showing them to Grandma right now.
HA! Get used to your kid blowing the curve. It's gonna be happening a LOT in the future!
My personal pick is the one with her rumpled hair look! She is so cute!
I can hardly wait for Turkey Day!
Gooood grief I LOVE THAT BABY!!!!!
She is so beautiful.
And Trisha? Trisha, you can pass the clothes she can't fit into over to her loving Aunt Katie.
LOVE!
Post a Comment