It's been that kind of day.
John left at 5:30 a.m. for Boston. He does travel frequently, but not usually for long. He'll be gone til Friday. Since he was in Columbus all day yesterday and got home late because of the snow, we didn't get to see much of each other last night either. (I'm still glad he decided to come back last night anyway - instead of staying in a hotel to fly out this morning. I know it's hard on him to drive, but even the brief hours we spent packing his clothes and watching "The Big Bang Theory" were worth it to me.)
But I digress... John's gone. Zoey has decided that she doesn't like napping. I would take that as a compliment (she just can't get enough of the fun-times with Mama!!) except when she doesn't nap, Mama can't nap. When Z doesn't nap, Mama doesn't get a minute to breathe. When Z doesn't nap, Z gets cranky. But I must say, my kid hardly ever cries. I'm lucky that way. (Thank you, God!) She doesn't cry much. She grunts. She makes weird moaning sounds with her mouth closed. She jerks her body into rigid postures and throws her arms in the air. Did I mention she grunts?! It's kinda funny. Funny until she's in her crib (or more likely still in MY bed) and won't sleep and grunts and kicks. What am I to do with that?! "They" say to let the baby stay in bed/crib until she cries. "She'll learn to calm herself to sleep." Ok, that makes sense. But what happens when she doesn't cry. She just never goes to sleep? She lies there (or is it lays there?! crap!) and plays with her feet...
I must admit I've never let her go longer than 30 minutes... so I don't know if she'll grunt herself to sleep or cry or what! (and this is for naps mind you... she really doesn't have a problem going to bed - perhaps that's because she's so tired.) John and I are thinking we should wait another month or so before letting her "cry it out" or whatever the latest sleep book says.
I'm currently trying to read one of the better sleep books. Which has good stats, but I haven't read any real tips yet...Besides an earlier bedtime, which I think helps - just not as early as the last few days - to compensate for her lack o' naps. My mother-in-law is not a fan of the earlier bedtime, but that's only because she doesn't get out of work until after Zoey is in bed. I tell her she's up at 7 a.m. everyday and I don't mind if she's here even before I shower...
I've done it again... Gone off on a tangent. Anyhoo. It's been a day, but it's nearing the end and we've made it. :)
----
I popped open a new bottle of wine tonight. I finally found a wine that I just can't drink. Whoa! I know! Me?! not drink a beautiful bottle of red?! Well, I bought an impluse bottle of $3.59 wine. Yeah, you heard me $3.59. Well, I thought since I like some of the $5.99 bottles just for a glass once in a while, why not try this one!? Eh.... perhaps it needs to breathe.
I'll stick to hot honey water this evening. (It may sound gross, but I started drinking it while I was sick and it was a nice soothing beverage that stuck with me. Try it sometime...)
So, I'll end this tired whine-fest on a happy note. Pictures - to be posted separately.
1 month ago
No comments:
Post a Comment