While packing up the books on the back sun porch this morning, I stumbled upon a treasure from the 90's. (Oh yes, WAY back then!)
"This is Goodnight and Not Good Bye: a musical experience with Addie & Liz"
This is a wonderful compilation of songs sung by two of my bestest buddies from college. There's no date on the cassette tape insert, but I'm thinking it would be circa 1998 or 99... Since that would be about the time both Addie and Liz were at school together. I'm sure I could get out my brain and a pencil and figure out the exact time, but eh, this is close enough.
I have it playing right now. It brings back so many memories. I wonder if the girls even kept a copy for themselves. They'd both probably turn purple if they knew I still had it, let alone was playing it right now... for my baby girl. (Oh, crap, that just about made me cry!)
Neither one of the lovely ladies on the tape have met sweet Zoey yet. But they both have sent presents and I'm sure already love her!! :) I haven't been the best at staying in touch... mostly an email here or there.. but I try. I think about them (and lots of the people from the good ol' A&H house) all of the time. In fact "Call Liz" is on my daily To Do list. I still haven't properly thanked her for the sweet gifts she's sent or even returned her call after Zoey's birth. I always think of these things during "normal business hours" and last time I checked, she worked during the day... Ah, soon... I'll get it together.
But I digress... the tape. I've often thought about making some kind of sweet lullaby CD for Zoey. I even had thoughts during my pregnancy of calling Liz and saying, "Hey, how would you feel about singing a few ditties for me?" or Uncle Bill (he's a musician times two, you know) and having him play the guitar and sing (by now that boy can play the ukelele, stand up bass, drums, bass guitar, harmonica, even the bagpipes!) - Any would do just grandly. It would be the fact it was my friend or Zoey's Uncle.
Perhaps this is something I should again consider... I'll add it to my "To Do" list just under Pack and Move.... ... ... .. . to come.
1 month ago
No comments:
Post a Comment