Last night mamaology celebrated our first anniversary! We had a cocktail party of sorts, full of family and friends. We had food and drink and laughter. :)
It was intended to be "baby-free" as a way to simply relax and be with each other. The mama families did indeed get baby sitters... but we had a few friends with children in tow. That was cool too. I spent part of my night with baby Liberty. Her mom has four kids all under age 3 (no twins!)...eeek! And mama was dressed - even with a little makeup. It is possible! (Trust me, there still won't be four in my future!) Anywhoo... sweet baby Liberty snuggled up on my chest and drooled a bit (that's what babies do!). She then fell fast asleep. I took a break and sat down with her and talked to yet another midwife, Angy.
Angy is from the Teays Valley area (Huntington/Charleston, WV). She is a Certified Nurse Midwife, which means she has a nursing degree along with everything else. I'm pretty sure she can administer drugs, if needed/wanted. (Not that I hope to do that, but it's good to know.) She and I talked about home birthing here. She said she probably has my due date time period open. But that she'll be helping with her sister's birth all through May (in Seattle). So I'd see her in June only - which is fine with me. I'm happy with my pre-natal care; I just want some delivery options.
We didn't get a chance to talk payment/what she charges/etc... I don't even think John really got a chance to talk with her, but she's very capable and a nice person. I tried to get her to tell me more about why she thought I might do this home birth thing... She pretty much said she wasn't a 'high-pressure' salesperson and thought I was doing a very, very good job of considering my options. Great. But... I was kinda asing you to sell me... I realize a party just wasn't the place. So I have her info to call later.
John ran into a woman that he had door-knocked in Vienna back when he was beating the streets early on. She's evidentally a friend of some of the girls and/or a La Leche League mama. He was so excited to recognize her. Evidentally, this lady was one of the only nice experiences he had while out that summer. A stay-at-home-mom who craved adult conversation during the day (even if the conversation was about finances!). I had met her briefly on Friday at lunch - she does seem super cool and is having a baby soon too. Perhaps a new friend to visit!?
I love this game! This getting to know normal adult women (and their families). It seems John and I have been surrounded by our own sort of crazies for a while. And I love them dearly - most of them! I guess I never had the experience to meet other types of people (at least for a long time). And now through mamaology and this last year of new experiences, I am meeting the greatest folks.
1 month ago
No comments:
Post a Comment