Tuesday, March 11, 2008

25 weeks today

This picture was sent to me by my mom. I believe my Aunt actually found it. It is of my mother and my grandmother in what we think is March 1978. (March because of the shamrocks on the back wall. 1978 because that's when I was born!) It's a baby shower - just see that cute 70's stork on the table!!! :) **Update: this is my Aunt's shower for her first born, Amanda. She was born in April. The sisters were preggo together... awww....

My mom was (and still is) so damn cute. The hair, the dress... aww! When I talked to her today, she said she may start to sport that 'do again! She probably could rock it well. As for the dress, she hasn't been able to find it... or I tell you... I'd wear it! You betcha!!

She did give me a cute "vintage" top that my Grandma made for her back when she was preggers with either me or Tracy. I haven't worn it yet because it is a teensy bit small for the giraffe-mama I am. :) Mom told me even she used to wear a turtle neck or something under it. (Since she, too, was pregnant alot during the winter and cool spring.) I will at least have my picture taken in it at some point.

Meeting a midwife...
Also today, I went to meet Christine's midwife. She had a prenatal appointment of her own and invited me along for company as well as to see about this homebirth thing for myself. It was pretty cool. The best part was just getting to spend some quality time with my friend. The drive was a bit over an hour each way and we just chatted the whole time. We had lunch at a little natural-esque cafe in McConnelsville. I think it's run by Mennonites. I'm not so up to date on my religions, but I think that was it.

Meeting Rebecca, the midwife, was pretty much how I expected it to go. I was surprised to see that she used a stethoscope and a doppler to check the baby's heartbeat. Not some much surprised over the stethoscope, but that doppler... Now I don't feel so bad about the nurses using it on me at the doctor's office. (In retrospect, I could have been less upset with Nurse Ratchett... but then again, I might have gotten stuck working with her every time. If it took the doppler for her to show her "true" mean-ness, so be it.)

John and I have yet to decide where/how we will deliver this sweet baby... but we have time.

No comments: