Thursday, February 21, 2008

One week has passed.

Much has happened in the last week. My dear Grandma has suffered a stroke. I can't begin to explain all that has been going through my mind. At first we thought it was "mild." Now, that word isn't used.

I went home to try to help out... I didn't feel like I was helping out much while I was there... I tried, but in this overflowing emotional state in which I am currently living, I was usually crying, having a 'tone' in my voice, or simply feeling out of sorts. None of those things seemed to help.

Now, I am back in my own home. No matter what crazy irrational thoughts I had while in WV, I now feel like I should be there. I think I did add something to my Mom's experience dealing with this while being there - even if only as someone new to look at or someone to make a dinner (other than fast food).

I just wish I could do both - keep my home here and help out there. I feel a strong urge to be with my family. However, I am not dealing well with any of these emotional and stressful times.

As I said, I can't begin to explain my thoughts. I can't bear to write what has transpired over the last week. Perhaps soon I'll be able to write how important my Grandma is to me and the link between all of our 'girl-folk'! I would simply dissolve into a puddle of tears now...

My first best friend... that always runs through my mind when I think of her. Perhaps tomorrow - with a rested mind and nice cup of hot tea... I'll be able to put this into words.

Say a prayer - to whomever you choose- in honor of my Grandma and my Mom.

No comments: