the first. The First. THE FIRST!
Yep, it is now the first day of August. How can this be? Time keeps passing... I haven't written on this ol blog in so long...I almost forget how to do. HOW to write. HOW to get it all down on the screen....
Zoey is playing with the kids next door. I have just enough time to grab a shower and get moving. But instead I balance my checkbook, I read the internet, I stay OFF Facebook... I decide to blog. My mind is racing faster than my fingers can type. I'm out of practice. I can't handle my morning cuppa joe as well in the mornings... shaky fingers. Running mind.
August.
What will it be? What will it bring? The last 22 days of no school. The last weeks of summer (oh, I'm looking forward to FALL!) Perhaps a pool day or two? Perhaps more glasses of iced tea with friends. Hopefully more dinners and drinks with my pals. And yes, hopefully, really good memories made with Zoey. Every moment is a memory to someone, right?! She seems to remember everything...
The American Queen is coming to town on August 8th. That's a Thursday. If anyone out there (ahem... Mom) would like to come and stay at the Manor on Wednesday to get up and see her in the morning downtown, I highly recommend it. We missed her first go through earlier this week. But it is surely a sight to see. ...driving down Front Street and BAM a giant "building" is at the end of the road. There is sure to be a great view from John's new office window too.
It's time to shower and make lunches (packable this day... as we are heading to the playground with said neighbor kids). The kiddos only come to town so often and this may very well be the last time before school.... and then who knows how that will go.
Much love. xox
Here's a photo of our trip to Morgantown on Monday. Zoey and Bunny at Atomic Grill. It's an unedited photo from my phone, but I think that's how I'll roll at least until school starts... ;) My baby is growing up. She's awesome. :) xo
1 month ago

1 comment:
YOU are awesome!
I like it when you blog. I hope I can remember to be in Marietta on the 7th so I can see the American Queen on the 8th. I saw a photo of her up 'round Pittsburgh and thought it would be fun to see her or maybe even ride her. (but, I'm guessing she only goes one way.)
Post a Comment