I have a need to write. Yes, I do. But I haven't done it. I haven't written - much of anything - in a long time. No blog posts. Many fewer FB status updates. No stories. No book ideas. Not even so much as a list in a very long time. WHAT?! you say... "No LISTS?!?" Yep, I haven't even gotten to the store with a list in weeks.
So, here I sit. Zoey's napping. I'm trying to get my head together from a morning that I didn't really expect. (No story there, so don't bother asking.) DOOL is on in the background. I can't even sit still to watch that anymore. I'm "lucky" lately that Zoey has been napping during this time so I can get my fill of "my stories" as Grandpa would say... but eh... bleh... it's just so... not where my mind is... not even where my mind wants to vacation these days.
I want to be outside... or at least I like the idea of being outside. I'm not at all interested in being outside in this almost-spring weather. Nosirree! I want SUN and a slight breeze. Here in the Valley that perfect weather might last all of one week. Two if I embrace the muddy grass on one side of that week or the blazing heat of the week after. That's how it is here. ...Ok, not really. It just feels that way right now as I sit and stare out at my muddy yard.
I did have the windows open this morning - at least part way. That was refreshing.
...On to other writing news...
I have some pictures in the "queue" here. waiting. to go up on the ol' blog. They are from when Zoey was so sick a few weeks ago. I want to post them because they are a memory here - a moment. But they are so sad to me. I just want to have some other things to buffer my loooong absence here before throwing those pictures up. (Ok, so maybe I'll do it tonight.)
My sweet friend, Crysta, has given up Facebook for Lent. (You may have seen her posts show up on my blogroll.) I thought about giving something up. Not because I'm religious at. all. But I am surrounded by people that are either Catholic, religious, or simply like to do what everyone is talking about doing... so I did think about it. Then thought that didn't jive with me to just give up something because it's "time" to try the sacrifice. Although I do like Crysta's views on the whole thing. Check her bloggie blog out, if you wish.
I view my spiritual connections a bit differently than many I have met. So, I'm using this Lenten season to keep gratitude in my heart and voiced frequently - everytime I think about someone giving up something special to them for 40 days (or see them actively not having that mocha or pastry or whatever), I try to think of those things and people in my life that make my life so special. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! and thank YOU! I'm not going to post a picture of my gratitude. I'm not going to write every thankful thought out for the world to see. At least not now. I have seen various forms of a "gratitude" project out there in the internet world... Most do make me stop and think. (I'm sure that's the point.) But I have yet to be moved to do one myself - at least publicly. I'm simply going to try to stay thankful in my heart and when I'm so moved to do so on here or there or there... It'll be that much grander to me.
....I've been told I need to write something, anything, every day. I'm working on that... Maybe I'll keep this going with a list. Perhaps a happy list... like all the places in my house I could actually put live flowers/plants where the cats won't eat them! Hmmm....
...
...
I think that list might be too short to count. ;)
1 month ago
3 comments:
Nice to "hear" your voice again Trisha!
Thanks for the words :) I think I'll always be a blog-stalker now...more deep, more thoughtful, more to comment about. My parents and grandparents called soap operas 'stories' too. I used to watch Guiding Light every day after school, but mostly because we only had one TV, two stations, and it was time for mom's stories. It was great fodder for my Barbie scenarios, but I got in trouble when I made my plastic women say some of the things I heard on the stories. Thanks for sharing!! xoxo
sometimes, Dear Trisha, I think our brains are linked by some imaginary connection. I'm glad to read your post. Maybe I will do the same. Religion=ditto on that too. : )
Thanks for being a great blog friend!
Post a Comment