Thursday, March 17, 2011

Wearin' O'the Green... Thumb?!

Happy St. Patrick's Day!!  Today Zoey and I decided to enjoy this most beautiful weather!!!  Yippee!!!  It's about time!!  Our GREEN today involved raking the old leaves out of the side bushes and starting to clean up our Iris bed.  The cute little green shoots of iris love are starting to emerge from the rocks and point to the sky.  I waited to uncover them through many cold spells, but with today in the 60s, I could wait no more!!
Our Irises and such during the clean up!

Zoey helping to stomp down the leaves.  We took three trips to the back yard to dump leaves over the hill. 

Throwing is always the best part!

 Also during our outdoor adventures today we found a St. Patty's Day treat...  Nope, not a four-leaf clover...  Much cooler.... a Two-headed Dandelion!!  For reals, yo!!


This is the back side of this magical wonder!


When this was in the ground, I really thought it was just two really close together.  Zoey pulled it up outta the group and yowza!...surprise!!
Zoey stripping the mega stem apart.
The stem after Zoey opened it.
This picture is for those of you familiar with the "froggy face" picture of Zoey that hangs in our kitchen.  Two years later...  she still makes the face!  HA! 
My beauty Bean!!  So serious!!
We also continued to collect items for our Fairy House.  We've been planning to build said fairy house for a couple of weeks...  but it's been too cold, then too wet...  We've amassed quite a collection of sticks and some bark. We even found an acorn top for a nice fairy cup.  And when Daddy came home, we ran out to JoAnn's and picked up some jute to tie it all together.  More sticks came this evening with Daddy's help, as I cooked dinner.  Hmmm.... I've never done this before...  We shall see how it all turns out.  (Oh and I picked up some more eggs for our egg tree.  One cannot have too many eggs.) 

1 comment:

Crysta said...

I've always wanted to build a fairy house. Anytime I mentioned it to my pragmatic little girl, she always said "That's silly, Mommy. Fairies are make-believe, not real" (I never told her that..and am not quite convinced, myself, that they don't live and breath on the very same Earth we inhabit). Maybe I'll build my own this Spring. Maybe Caden would help. He is much more of a believer!