Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Cider Making

Monday was Labor Day. Sunday night John got a text that invited us to an impromptu cider making party. We are always up for impromptu fun! This time, however, John already had plans. Sweet Zoey and I headed up to the Elliott farm to welcome in fall on our own! :)

Men doing manly men cider-making things. Isn't this press the coolest thing ever!?!

One of the only set of identical twins I've ever seen in person (I think?!)


I believe the kid-to-adult ratio was a bit askew to make light work of just about anything, but everyone seemed to be having a good time. I felt kind of bad that I didn't really do much in the way of "helping." I was much too distracted making sure Zoey didn't get hit by apples literally raining from the trees or her perhaps taking the toy cars for an unintended ride down the long driveway!


Oh, but Zoey was helpful! Oh yes, after much wandering around and getting the lay of the land (and pretty much telling me she had no desire to help me pick up apples and place them in a basket), she took up residence by the apple washing tub. At first, she simply liked playing in the water. Then she got into a rythym with the man next to her. She'd hand him up an apple out of the tub and he'd core it and cut out any icky parts.



I learned a bit about myself at this get together too... but I suppose that's for another time. ;)

1 comment:

Prisoner of the Universe #2-16 said...

I copied the pics and printed some for Dad.
These are wonderful.
We love the blog thing.

Love, Mom