Friday, April 3, 2009

Stats and more.

Zoey had her 9 month well-baby checkup on Tuesday. (Yeah, I've been behind getting things put up on the blog...) Things went really well.

We talked about when to start vaccinating (still delaying, mind you) and I even made the mistake of trying to make "small talk" with the doctor about a study I heard about on the Nightly News. I was just trying to be polite and fill the uncomfortable silence (I hate that! Both the silence and the fact I usually fill it!!) Evidentally my doc is a talker... He stopped the exam to "chat." Ok, I basically just stood there because the Nightly News story wasn't even as thorough as the one to which I linked you. I just thought it was interesting. As Zoey proceeded to get squirmy, I tried to stay calm and not grab the stethoscope and wrap it around his neck. Needless to say, as I was putting Z back in the car after the apointment, I told her she had to remind me NEVER to make stupid small talk again with the doctor. EVER. She agreed.Here are the stats:
Weight: 17.4 lbs (25th percentile)
Height: 28.5 inches (80th percentile)
I figure if she were "average" height...err...'length', then the weight ratio would even out to "average" - but since she's a LEAN MEAN CUTENESS MACHINE, well, she's better than any average! :) And she's super healthy. Yay Mama Milk!

Anyway... FINALLY a picture of her TEETH!! I literally gasped when taking these today because I actually caught her teeth in a picture. You see, in person, the teeth are really pretty visable. We've not been able to get her to smile in such a way to see them on camera... until today!! I couldn't stop taking pictures of them... ...no matter how unflattering....
Here, you can see the bottom two pretty well. (Sorry they are so out of focus... that's what happens when trying keep grabby-fingers from getting the camera strap.)
*These teeth pictures are a special shout out to my far away family and friends!! (and those of you without a blog or at least a public one.) Here's hoping you get to see these teeth in person soon!




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I see teeth.
Signed
the tooth fairy

Heidi Ho said...

Hi! Those stripey pants are from Baby Gap...on the clearance rack of course!!!!

Heidi Ho said...

Hey! By the way....How did you get an in with the tooth fairy??? : )