Friday, March 6, 2009

Playing catch-up

Since my last post, much has happened. Ok, not so much on the outside... but my head is spinning and my heart thumping enough to make me feel like a kid having finished off a bottle of hard liquor and then jumping onto the damn teacup ride at Disney.


Whoosh!


Good News: We finally got our old house rented. Bad News: After the property management company takes its share, it doesn't cover the mortgage. Good News: We can pay the $30 difference. And now we don't have to pay the massive utility bills! yay! That's the BEST News!


We spent all weekend getting the last of our stuff out of the house. Sunday was the big push. We had the help of some wonderful friends. Thanks Scheimann, Ken, Ruth, Bill, and even Ben (he did move one thing before having to 'get going') ;) And thanks to Joyce for watching Z while we moved too.


I thought it would be really hard - emotionally - to be back in the house. It was. For, like, a minute... and then I started to go up the stairs and at step FOUR I slipped and almost biffed! (Thanks, House, for reminding me why we moved!! one of many reasons... yeah, the steps are STEEP and short. Remember I've fallen down them before. The mere thought of having Zoey in my arms on those steps.... ugh. no way!)


John and I both felt like a massive weight had been lifted off of our shoulders Sunday night. Ahhhhh. Things are looking up.


John didn't get the MC job. Damn Fascists! (I'm not going into the reasons why not.... I will tell you he sat in what he thought was a second interview for 40 flippin' minutes this morning BEFORE the guy told him he was a no. That's kind of positive only in that the guy WANTED to hire John, but the college won't lift the soft hiring freeze and let go the CASH to hire anyone. That's just the tip of THAT iceberg.)


*****So, I started this post on Monday... it's now Friday. So, all that "this morning" and all was accurate at the time. Zoey woke up while writing and I never got back to this until now... (that's why the spacing is so off.... Man, that burns me up when it won't let me correct the formatting. I suppose it's the designer in me.)

Anyway, I suppose I should update even more for the missed days: John's had a couple more interviews. Some that seem pretty good. But we know better than to get our hopes/spirits up these days. ...just in case...

Zoey's simply beautiful. Her bottom teeth are ...there. I'm not sure if they are "full grown" because I have no idea how big they are supposed to be. :) She's started this cute thing with sticking out her tongue. I assume to massage her coming in upper teeth. She's also a whiz at clicking her tongue and does it often. so cute! She's back to saying "ma-ma," but still prefers "da-da" and I'm pretty sure still doesn't know what either mean. When she does say Mama, it's amazing to my ears. So wonderful! (Even if it's while she's looking out the window. heehee!)


1 comment:

Serafina said...

Congrats on getting all the way out of the old house. I remember the day we had to vacate Darsey Avenue, it was just me and Keith and 2 boxes of big black garbage bags (oh, and all our GARBAGE). Good to have that weight off your shoulders!

Can't wait to see you Sunday!
Love,
Your Seester