Tuesday, March 24, 2009

9 months, a beer, and a birthday.

On Sunday my sweet Beana turned 9 months old. To celebrate, Miss Zoey tried YoBaby Yogurt. We've been pretty strict about her diet and so the addition of dairy is a big step. YoBaby is supposed to be specially formulated for, well, babies. Sunday she tried apple. I thought that would be the best because she loves applesauce. It turns out YoBaby apple is what I like to call "Christmas Yogurt." It has cinnamon and nutmeg in it. Zoey wasn't a big fan. I wasn't either. I don't understand why a baby would want spices?! Oh well. The blueberry we had yesterday was better.


John and I also got some couple time too. Just about two hours, but we got out of the house. We were originally going to go see a play, but figured that we'd rather sit and talk to each other like adults than sit in the dark and watch community theatre... We went to the Lafayette and had a beer. Yum. Beer. My new favorite beer (of the moment) is Beck's Dark. Yum.


Today is my Mom's birthday. HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MAMA! Zoey and I are planning to go see her this coming weekend. We called her today and said hi. I wish I could afford to buy her some dream gift... although I think these days her dreams consist of health and happiness. I can help with that by bringing a happy BABY to her house! :)



Mama (as in Me, 'Mama Miller') and Zoey enjoying a laugh!

I hope you all are having a great day.

6 comments:

Ronin said...

What a fantastic picture of you and your Mommy, Zoey! Happy 9-month birthday :) Good luck with the yogurt thing, and I can't wait to meet you!

bnicholson said...

That beauty will bring a smile to my sister for sure! Both those beauties!
Great photo, did John take this?

Serafina said...

I need a print of that photo!
Have fun with the yogurt. Let me know when she starts in on the CHEESE!
Can't wait to see you Sunday!

Trisha said...

Thanks everyone for your kind words!! Actually John's mom took that photo. I downloaded a bunch of goodies from her camera over the weekend... from all the way back to the birth!! I'll try to post some soon.

My Bottle's Up! said...

precious one! love the pic of your mom. she is beautiful.

thanks for the comment... "sleep training" sounds like a load of crap to me.

do you twitter?

Trisha said...

Hey Nic! Nope, I don't twitter. I'm having a hard time keeping up with this blog! HA! (Oh and the picture is me and Zoey. I think I might have confused some with my many references to "mama" being different people. Unless, you were addressing Zoey - as Ronin was.) ;) Then I'm the one who's confused! No biggie! :)