Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Makes every moment happier!

"Colors" by Kira Willey

I am green today
I chirp with joy like a cricket song.
I am gray today
Gloomy and down like a morning fog.
I am orange today
Loud and messy like finger paint on the wall.
I am red today
Hopping mad like a playground ball.
I am black today
Strong and tall a great big bear.
I am purple today
Bright and happy like a butterfly in the air.

I'm a rainbow today
All the colors of the world.
I'm a rainbow today
All the colors of the world.
I'm a rainbow today
All the colors of the world are in me.

I am yellow today
I shine my light out like the sun.
I am white today
Soft and quiet like new snow.
I am blue today
Calm as glass and cool like the sea.

I'm a rainbow today
All the colors of the world.
I'm a rainbow today
All the colors of the world.
I'm a rainbow today
All the colors of the world are in me.
All the colors of the world are in me.

I have been trying to load the You Tube video of this wonderful song onto my blog, but to no avail... "Embedding disabled by request" Oh Well... click on the link and listen.

This song brightens my world the moment I hear it. Some of you may recognize it from a TV commercial. I had heard it there first and HAD to find out who the artist was... Kira Willey. (Thanks internet!)

She is a kid's yoga instructor. She uses music to accompany the yoga - it is not only fun, but helps the kids remember the poses better. She has a whole CD of yoga tunes for kids. I want it! :) I also want to take her class. ;)

I love the fact that this song incorporates both happy/up emotions and imagery as well as sad/down. - A true rainbow of life!!

No comments: