Friday, November 21, 2008

Wonderment.

I experienced a major Deja-vu moment the other day...
(I believe it was Monday, perhaps Tuesday.)
I was gently putting Zoey down into her crib...
(Must have been Monday... the first day in a new bed...)
Just as I placed her down, I saw her. Really saw her. I ever-so-cautiously rubbed her sweet sleeping head - feeling her warmth and her delicate hair. She was so peaceful. Under my breath I whispered "I love you." And it hit me. Like a wave. I had done this before. Exactly. But not quite...

Eight years ago, I had done the exact same thing to Delia. My beautiful neice. My new favorite person. I had never been around small babies before - let alone been close enough to watch one sleep.

Oh, the emotion! Full circle...Tears ran down my face.

******
I just now came back from checking on Zoey... she's so peaceful. Moving her into the crib was the best move we've made in a while. She's moved around - twisting and turning in her slumber. Curling and whirling her tiny body to a comfortable position.

She's kicked off the covers. Just like her Daddy.

Life is good. :)

1 comment:

Prisoner of the Universe #2-16 said...

Yes, LIFE is good.
Happy Thanksgiving, family.