Dinner was very yummy! Tracy brought her famous bread! (As well as sweet potatoes, mashed red skins with garrrlic, and carrot salad) Aunt Barbara and Uncle Eddie brought a ham, turkey breast, and some italian sausage. (As well as the best appitizers spread ever... cheese, cheese, olives, pepperoni, cut veggies, and more cheese) John and I took beans, wine, deviled eggs, and a pecan pie. (That I made!! -with Joyce's help.)
My yummy pies!
The boys immediately took their traditional trip out to buy booze - this time it was whiskey, I believe. (Uh, yeah, I drove home...) ;) Which is dandy with me. He gets to booze it for my family. If I wasn't breastfeeding, I could get smashed to be with his. That said, however, we both need it to be with my family. His isn't so bad. Really. So my normal glass of wine is perfect.
I enjoyed talking with my family. Aunt Barbara gave us the Joey update. (That's my hipster cousin.) He's in Albania. He emailed her his story of taking a bus from Kosovo to Albania. At one point, he and his friend Kelly (as well as the other passengers) had to get out of the bus and remove boulders and tree parts from the road - after a rock slide covered the roadway. He's enjoying himself, I'm sure. He's super cool.
Amanda (my other favorite cousin, Joey's sis) called and spread her Thanksgiving cheer. She was baking pumpkin pies at her house in Arizona. She's becoming quite a cook, I hear.
I miss them both so very much. We all used to hang out as children - at Grandma and Grandpa's house. We, along with my sister, were very close.
Delia is growing like a weed. She's wearing "big people" clothes - for lack of better verbage. She looks like a teenager. It's odd at times to see this "teen" building forts in the living room. I have to remind myself that she's only 8. And work with her on her forts! I have a feeling Zoey will be just the same. Tracy and I were. (As in, we had to have copies of our birth certificates to get into Disney World at the kids' rate.) Ah, we grow 'em long in this family!
My Grandma was not very talkative. Tired, I think. We had to work to get her to remember Zoey... but then the next breath, she was making jokes. Really. It was like an on and off switch. Nothingness... then cantankerous Grandma... then a mix....
Grandma's helper, Joy, called in sick. My suspicions are "the blue Flu." She's never gotten along well with my family and the idea of spending Thanksgiving with all of us instead of her own family.... eeek, I'd call in sick too.
My Dad and Zoey hung out. She was attracted to his hands - especially his coolie Black onyx ring. The one my Grandpa Howard used to wear. I love that ring! It is such a statment about my dad. Strong, yet elegant. Zoey certainly liked it! I also really enjoy the fact that with everything his body has been through in the last decade - it still fits. I just love it!
3 comments:
Trisha, did you get any photos? I left my camera in the car. :(
It was great to spend time with you and John...and I got to hold Zoey!! (But not enough.)
Sorry no pictures. I had my camera and was not thinking... Delia (aka Mom's camera) was the only one snapping. Great to see you!! Hopefully again soon!
Mom's camera has some pictures on it, the only ones I could get to were from LAST Thanksgiving. That camera is so full of pictures her laptop doesn't have enough memory to open the file they're in. If I ever unearth them I'll post them!
Post a Comment