Saturday, February 23, 2008

February Ten... plus one.

As I have said many times, I started this wee blog journey by reading other people's. One that I check regularly, SouleMama (http://soulemama.typepad.com/), had a cute post about the ten things that help her make it through the dreary month of February.... I decided to create my own.

That was more than a week ago.

I kept it on my computer, but never posted it. Things came up, you know. So here it is.... (Plus one.)

Ten things that make the February funk – less funky.

1. The little ballet dancer kicks (or soccer player kicks) my little girl gives me.
2. The way Squeaky knows which car is ours and comes off the porch to greet us before we even make it to the front of the house.
3. Yummy Amish friendship bread that John and I make together (our ‘lovers’ bread).
4. The moments of pure sunlight and warmth that break through this harsh air.
5. Annie sitting by my chair and talking to me while I type.
6. Curling up at night with the whole family on the bed!
7. Watching our little girl dance around at the sound of her papa’s voice.
8. A cup of hot tea in my new favorite Heather-colored Fiesta mug!
9. The clean crisp new flowery shower curtain in my bathroom.
10. The promise of spring…
11. "Applesauce moments!" 'nuff said!

I hope that you, too, can look at the winter blahs with a new fresh smile today.

No comments: